irrepressible.info

Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Bane Of My Existence

I wouldn't wish vestibular testing on my worst enemy. Now, apparently, most people don't have the reaction I did, but still. After nearly every test, I felt too nauseated and dizzy to continue right away. Then the worst test of all...
They run cold water into your ears (and suck it out too) for about a minute. When it stops, it feels like you're moving - ew. You're supposed to just lay there and stare straight ahead while they record your eye movements. The left ear was a bit of nausea and dizzyness. But the right ear! OMG. It was terrible vertigo, and I got sick...
The worst part ever is that I got sick too quickly - they didn't get a good recording of my eye movements. I have to do it again. I have to do both ears again! ACK! I told her that I couldn't do it today, not after throwing up the nothing I was told to have to eat. Ugh.
So I have to do the water in the ear tests (cold, and then the warm which we didn't get to), and then the super fun sitting in a turning chair. I'll bring my own barf bag with me next time...
She told me about a drug I can have my doc prescribe so that my response next time won't be as bad. I want to not have to do it ever ever ever again. Ever. And then take an elevator up a floor, walk across a hallway, then take an escalator down so that I can take another elevator up to my car.
I got home about 12:30. I slept until 4, ate some ricey goodness, then slept until 2:30am. I hope I can get back to sleep so I can go to work tomorrow! Oh boy!
So anyway, my next appointment for torture aka vestibular testing isn't until August. So I have a few months until I throw up again - good times.

No comments: