irrepressible.info

Friday, June 15, 2007

waaaaaaaa....

I'm sitting on my in-laws front porch, enjoying the mountain views, cooler temps and tremendous lack of mosquitos... boy is it gonna be hard to go back home tomorrow!
One thing that'll get me back to Michigan - gluten. The only source for gluten-free foods down here is the internet. Though I was assured that WalMart (the only "grocery" store down here) has a great selection of gluten-free stuff, this one had very little, if any. It would be the usual reading every label... The "health food stores" have no food, only vitamins. The closest Whole Foods is hours away... as is the closest book store (another reason to go back home!). But the views! The lack of mosquitos! I couldn't even sit on my porch at home - going from the front door to my car door is like a gauntlet full of mosquitos rather than axes. Here, I just have to worry about the ticks - but not on the porch! It makes me cry every time we have to go back home...
I've decided to start a Flickr account with some of the photos I've taken (some more to be taken as soon as I'm off this laptop! On the porch! Wireless internet in the middle of the mountains and I can't even get voicemail at my house let alone cable internet!). Got some good street signs that have just baffled me for years lol and cows and mountains and this beautiful porch. Have I mentioned how much I love this porch???
Anyway, I've gotta get my camera - hubby and his dad are using the metal detector in the front yard and tearing it up LOL!

3 comments:

Magnetic Blogetry said...

Quit your cryin' and get your ass back here!lol

G33k Lady said...

I dont wanna go back!

valsharess1 said...

haha, I started an account on here so I can harass you and Stacey! Good times!