irrepressible.info

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

FAIL

So I had vestibular testing round two today. I took Antivert before I went, but I still didn't make it through. The first test we did was torture chair! Have you seen the Myth Busters episode where they try out different motion sickness remedies? It was like that, only I got swung around in both directions. Ew. I amazingly held down my very early morning breakfast during the test.
Second test was a redo of the cold water in the ear test. I made it through the left ear, but felt sooo on the verge of losing breakfast that I stopped them. I was like no way, not again! So I sat there in front of a bucket ("Get me a bucket! I'm 'onna throw up!"), mopping my head with a washcloth, denying that I'll ever do that shit again. The techs said they think they have enough, even though I failed to complete the entire water test (there were still 3 more to do! no wai!).
So I went up to the cafe to settle my stomach with a baked potato (how I wish for saltines that are GF!). My dr. appt was at 1, so I went down there to check in and read before they called me in. This was an OTO doc. Little did I know that more torture awaited!
They put me through several tests in the OTO's office, which promptly made me sit clenching my stomach and holding my head (kthxdie). The doc comes in later and is like "I don't think you have an inner-ear issue. I think it's migraines. They sometimes don't produce headaches, but the visual cue-caused motion sickness etc. is a symptom." So I'm getting an MRI next week to rule out a tumor on my left inner-ear (apparently my left ear hearing isn't as good as my right). If I don't have a tumor (it's not a tuma!), then I'll do the fun trial and error on migraine meds, until I find one that's "right for me". UGH. At least we can cut out the gluten-containing ones... if my doc isn't stupid :P Oh noes! I's in troubles!

1 comment:

Magnetic Blogetry said...

Sounds like fun times! :P