irrepressible.info

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

And the winner is....

(*drum roll*) - Celiac disease! No Ulcer! Still waiting on the vestibular testing...

So, because my symptoms are not typical for Celiac (hardly any really), I am a potential case study for my gastroenterologist - his "Celiac Buddy" as he put it. I'll journal about my symptoms and how they have changed, maybe do a recorded interview for the med students at UofM, send resources that I find to him. The first question out of everyone's mouth so far - "Are they paying you???" We haven't really talked about this - I'd be happy to interview or whatever to further understanding about Celiac; otherwise we need to talk.

2 weeks and counting for the vestibular testing...

2 comments:

canoo said...

so can you drink coffee now? you sound happier, i'm guessing "yes" on that one. good luck with your continuing diagnoses!

G33k Lady said...

Hi Krista! Or Kristra :P
I had some coffee this morning at Whole Foods - it was a mild roast, haven't ventured to the Extra Bold yet... It was delicious and didn't hurt at all! YAY!

Life is better - nausea and headaches are all but gone; though I am mourning some foods... Licorice has wheat in it - even Panda brand :/ But jelly belly jelly beans are ok! and chocolate! So I'm dealing :P

How are you doing??? Inquiring minds want to know!