irrepressible.info

Friday, May 18, 2007

Now you're getting it!

I'm getting used to this whole "gluten-free" thing - a lot of good products on the market (eating a delish rice-crust personal pizza right now). Then they throw in the wrench - ulcer! That's why I've been having a hard time drinking my morning coffee! I can't even drink coffee now! What next, chocolate? Cheese?

An important point, and enough whining
I'm finding out that Celiac disease is genetic. Symptoms include headaches, diarrhea, anemia, gas, fatigue, depression, osteoporosis. If you have any of these and don't know why, but have a family member with either Celiac or another auto-immune disease, I urge you to get a blood test. If the blood test is positive, then you'll get the EGD, but it might make your life a whole lot easier! I've had headaches for freakin EVER, and this might just be why! And now's a great time to find out, because there are tons of gluten-free items on the market - including a gluten-free beer by Anheuser-Busch, and this delicious rice-crust pizza I just finished. There's some bad crap out there too...

No comments: